View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 04:17 AM
PJisChaos

Originally Posted by Girlfriend View Post
I love the way you drew it out first, on graph paper, and then the piecing of it came out so beautiful!! Using two shades of (blue) with the black is very striking. Almost a pattern within a pattern. Very beautiful!!!

I find it easier when I graph my quilts first, although I have been known to detour away from the graph a time or two. LoL! The black was such a problem fabric, for me, as it didn't quite fit with the blacks I have and was just a bit darker than my darkest blues so I never could tell if it was black or blue! There are little spots of the 2 blues in the black print, that was where the blues came from.
This morning, hubby called me and said that they sent a thank you card with a personal note in it. I made him read it over the phone and.. well, I am just so touched that they loved it enough to put it on their bed as soon as it was brought home, and slept under it last night. This is why I make things, for others to cherish and use. Just really made my day today. It is truly a wonderful feeling when our hard work is appreciated, right?
Thank you guys, for all the kind comments, as well. I love this group! {{{{HuGz}}}} to all of ya.