Old 10-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by kapatt
[Does this mean you have everything neatly organized?]

laughing...well, as organized as a person can be when they are sewing. I make quite a mess with my rulers, cutting mats, scraps and all when I'm sewing.

I set up three tables in a "U" design...one in front of me with my sewing machine, one to the right of me and one behind me (for cutting and ironing). I have a plastic, office floor mat under my chair that has rollers. That way, it is very easy for me to turn from one table to the other one without jumping up every few minutes.

I organize my projects. What I do is put all of the fabric (plus patterns, notes) for my project that I'm working on, in one tub. When I'm working on more than one project that month, each project has it's own tub. That way I don't have two projects inter-mixed.

One reason I almost didn't move my sewing things out of the dining room is because my neighbor comes up once a week with her machine and sews with me.
I seem to make quite a mess too, while working on projects - and not always putting things back when I'm done seems to breed more clutter.

I purposely get up to press all the time. If I didn't, I'd be stuck in my chair from pain and stiffness!

I have a friend that comes over once in a while to sew, too. Another reason I was trying to keep two sewing tables in my room. I also like to have two sewing machines set up, too.

I use tubs for various projects too. It is a big help as I do work on a few different projects each month, ie. BOM's.

Thanks so much for all your suggestions and sharing. I'm working on my room today, clearing out many things, even a cutting table, so I'm hopeful that things will be in better shape soon. :)

Happy sewing! :)