Thread: Bearly A Month
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 07:52 AM
GeePatti

Originally Posted by Kathy T. View Post
Those bears are AWESOME! I love every one of them - and the fireworks behind July is too cute!
Thank you! I tried to think about each fabric and color to use on the bears; for January, I used old sweatshirt pieces for the sweater and hat, a scrap of denim for the pants, and a white knit I had for the snowballs. Most of the clothes were made from scraps and fused on, then stitched.

I was trying to get a balance of the objects around the bears, and July was challenging. I found the little flag at JoAnn's which was a fusible embroidery piece, but I was suspicious about whether or not it would stick. (It didn't, after the first wash, so I have to handstitch it back on), but the fireworks I did with metallic thread...I would have liked to done them in more colors, but didn't have any on hand. I actually considered doing the other blocks with simple stitching like that (snowflakes for January, posies for May, abc and 1+1 for September), but it was starting to get involved, and I'm not that good yet. But, there's an idea for my next one, or for someone who wants to try the pattern.

Anyway, thanks!