Old 01-02-2013, 05:36 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by sdudash View Post
Well I am new here and have to say that I found this site while looking for information on my latest find. I collect antiques. I found this Standard treadle machine in a consignment store. I have not found much information on this one, yet. She is similar to Hollyann beautiful machine, but appears to be a newer model. The bobbin cover has multiple patent dates. Earliest one is 1889 with the latest being 1910. The machine I have has been made after that as it states Patent Applied for on the plate as well as on the inside decal. If anyone has more information I would be greatly appreciative.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]385155[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]385156[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]385157[/ATTACH]
Very nice Standard treadle! There are several people on this board who have Standard treadles. Vintagemotif, Monica, is one. Did you get any attachments with that Standard? There is a special chain stitch attachment for Standards. Cathy, Mizkaki, should be able to answer any questions on the Standard too. Congratulations! Your decals look great - I would be very careful when cleaning that machine! Clean only with sewing machine oil so you don't silver the decals!

Nancy