Old 01-02-2013, 09:11 PM
marytoddliz

Happy Junker, I have that machine! I love it so much, but I only use it on occasion, it does not work well on heavy layers and I need one that will.

My New Home Memory Craft 6000 does. Her name is Nellie and she is 30 years old. She can sew through anything! at least 6 layers of denim no problem!

My business is sewing with denim, I am a Re-Sewer, or Recycling Seamstress. Most every thing I make to sell at Craft fairs is made out of old pairs of Jeans. So Nellie has to sew some heavy stuff! She is starting to drag, my Machine Doctor says I need to think about allowing Nellie to retire and just work on making quilt tops. Seriously I have not found a machine that even comes close to being able to do what she does.

But my quilting friend says that a Singer 301 long bed will! So I have been looking, and bidding on Ebay and going to yard sales, etc... Still no luck in my price range. I actually had a bid on one and forgot to watch it. I had my top bid at $50. and it sold for $55. I felt terrible! My limit is $150. including shipping. But I know one will be just perfect for me when I need it. The Sewing machine Doctor agrees with my Friend that they are great machines. The 301 Long bed is bigger than a feather weight and was used in most Schools in Home Economics. They are all metal so no plastic parts to break. The speed is almost as fast as a Industrial machine.

oops sorry I got off on a Antique Sewing machine tangent!