Old 01-12-2013, 06:10 AM
paintmejudy

Default Final destination - train is pulling into the station!

Don’t give up, I know this is a lot of work in only 3 lessons but remember, you can do this at your own pace, no rush, and as always, no quilt police allowed on this forum. This forum thread will remain forever, you can come back to look at the instructions any time you want.

Gather together the pile of 2-½” x 4-½” pieces, top picture, and sew 3 together by placing the 2-½” sides, right sides together. Press. You will have a piece 2-½” wide by 12-½” long. Make 10 of these 3-piece blocks.
For the LARGE SIZE make 14 of the 3-piece blocks.
See 2nd picture.

As also shown in the second picture, make flying geese with the remaining 2-½” x 4-½” rectangles and the 2-½” color A squares. Assemble 2 short pieces using pieces as shown in the picture, adding a 2-½” square sewn to each end. Make 2 long pieces as shown. Sew the long pieces to the long sides. Press seams. Sew short sides to the top and bottom. Press. And guess what, you have finished your Scrap Buster Scrappy Quilt top.
LARGE QUILT
Assemble flying geese as described above. Make your four border strips according to the little diagram I drew. Add long strips to long side of quilt, press, add short strips to the short side. It will look like the photo of my quilt, only will be 3 blocks wide and 4 blocks long. And now you too are finished!

To all of you who thought you couldn’t make, or never made, or didn’t like to make flying geese, I think you can safely say that after this, you are now flying geese experts.

I quilted this with a simple narrow serpentine stitch-in-the ditch in all of the horizontal and vertical seams, and was pleased with its look. I used poly batt -- I had a big piece given to me and didn’t want to waste it. It seemed to accentuate all the little blocks, making them puffy. I did not do any type of quilting along the points. The king quilt, 5 blocks long by 7 blocks wide, is also done with serpentine stitch. I also started a batik table runner and will post a pix in the new pictute thread when it is finished, probably this afternoon.

This has been fun, and I have enjoyed the ride, seeing all your beautiful fabrics. Hope everyone has enjoyed the ride, I will keep checking in until Monday night; I leave Tuesday morning. Can’t wait to log in on the 26th of January and see your progress. Have fun finishing your quilt tops.

And watch for the next mystery quilt to start the end of February. It will be posted in the Block of the Week and Month section.

I have started a new thread - we can go there to post pictures and share with the QB - they are all so beautiful I think everyone should be able to see them. Might pick up a few more scrappy fans!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t210759.html
Attached Thumbnails 8.jpg   9.jpg   10.jpg   lg-border.jpg   014.jpg  

018.jpg   stash-buster-scrappy-1-copy.jpg