Old 01-12-2013, 09:02 PM
hperttula123

The way I see it is that it's not about being perfect. I know I have made quilts to donate that aren't my greatest. I practice different quilting styles on them. Kids are not as picky and don't see the imperfections that us adults do. Not saying you should put anything in that you know the fabric is bad. My daughter was given a quilt from the hospital when my oldest was in the hospital. There is a group of people that make quilts for all the kids in the hospital and they asked if they could give quilts to my other two kids too. It was very kind of them. The one quilt my daughter got had strawberry shortcake fabric and the fabric was misprinted...and really bad. Half of the fabric you cannot even tell it's her. My daughter LOVES it. She lays it on her pillow everynight when she goes to sleep. It is the thought that counts and it doesn't have to be perfect for them to love and enjoy it. It's something that I would have given to a shelter to use for an animal, but my daughter says it was made for her and she cherishes it.