View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:31 PM
auntpiggylpn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow. I meant it originally to be funny. But now I see I may have a real color addiction (Ask me about my MASSIVE nail polish collection). Thank you so much for your wise words ladies. They are really sinking in.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't think anyone feels that this thread was a plea for help!!! Talking about our issues is really cathartic (at least for me). I belong to another forum and someone posted a thread today that asked how many yards of fabric was in your personal stash. I did a rough guesstimate and I know that I have at least 1000 yards in my quilting room alone. That doesn't count the pre cuts or the plastic tubs that are in the spare bedroom and garage. Now, all this fabric is wonderful and beautiful but what good is it if it just sits on a shelf or in a tub? And I can't say that if it was the only fabric on my shelf that I would use it for the most current project. I love walking into my room and seeing the fabrics all lined up; it makes me happy. So that being said: I don't have to use every piece of fabric that I own. And I will still buy more fabrics because it makes me happy. What I will do is be more selective in my purchasing. This is just my personal decision because I know it is right for me. I have donated a huge amount of fabric in the past 6 mos. and that makes me happy. And I know the people who got the fabric don't have the resources to get even a 10th of what I have and will do something with it and that makes them happy which in turn makes me happy. So all in all, I am a happy fabric collector!!!

Now let's not even think about discussing button collecting; that will just open up a whole new can of worms!!!!!

Last edited by auntpiggylpn; 01-13-2013 at 08:33 PM.