Old 01-15-2013, 04:42 PM
almond

Originally Posted by Patricia Faye View Post
We just got home from a quick trip to Fort Dodge, Iowa to help move my mother-in-law into a nursing home. She is 92 yrs young & not doing well. She's no longer able to take care of herself & the doctors have said there is nothing more they can do for her. We are happy with the nursing home & know she will be well taken care of there. She has always lived in Fort Dodge so she has lots of friends in addition to her daughter & grandchildren living there. Now I have lots to catch up on since I was without my laptop for the last week. It is nice to be home though!

While we were there my husband & I were able to meet Mary (aka Almond) & her husband. I took my Rosie Quilt with me & finished sewing the binding on during the drive up to Iowa so I was able to show off my completed quilt & see Mary's. Although hers isn't completed, it is a beauty! Mary's husband was sweet & took pictures of us & our quilts. I know she'll be posting them when she gets a chance. Mary is very talented & has made some beautiful quilts & wall hangings. She is an inspiration! We enjoyed our visit with them so much. It's always nice to meet up with a "friend" that you have made online!

Marne, love your fabrics. They make such pretty blocks! Looking forward to seeing what the rest of you do with your blocks!
I quess I should have posted the picture in this thread also. Will do so shortly.