View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 07:09 PM
ragamuffin

I have seen many sold on ebay but I, personally do not like to. I like to feel the quilt. If you are near Brooklyn, go to the big flea market and set up. I would show the quilts draped over a chair or hanging. If you can date them (you could take them to a quilt shop for info as to pattern and date, maybe look for a signature) they would go for a lot more money. Take pics and put them on here, ask questions, and find out all you can. What if they are pre-Civil War or so? Lots of money, $1000 each. Tell him not to be in a hurry to sell them but find out all you can about them first. I did liquidations also. The only thing that did not sell was non-cotton log cabin blocks. They are all blue and white but of different fabrics. I think I will take them and make small crib quilts, using a few blocks with the same fabrics. Good luck to you. There is a museum up there in New York that our quilt group attended, you could call the coordinator and have her look at them, but call and ask if they charge for the service. You could learn a lot.