View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 06:45 AM
Geri B

Originally Posted by lclang View Post
There is a quarter inch foot with a "fence" that also is helpful to sew really accurate seams. Just line up your fabric with the right side "fence" and sew away. My Babylock has a 1/4 inch setting and it is pretty accurate. I use it all the time. Do NOT use two machines in one project. I just did that because my Pfaff went crazy and I finished the project on the Babylock and they are just a tad difference, maybe a thread or so, but magnify that by many pieces and you get differences and have to put the larger piece on the bottom to get the feed dogs to help you ease in the difference.
I too have a Baby lock and yes the fence is good for straight seam sewing, but if you are joining a triangle or angle seam to a straight seam, that little dog ear gets caught on that fence....so depending what I am doing I will either use the fence one or just the 1/4" foot without fence........
I guess I am dismayed with the fact that we pay so much money for these "new" machines and they all seem to have to be tweeked.........not so with my old FW!!!!!!