Thread: Quilts talk
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:21 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I have about 5 quilts that "aren't talking to me" and I don't know who to give them to! They are rolled up in my sewing room. I want to give them to someone, but no one comes to mind! I stuffed one in a box for my daughter for her birthday, but didn't feel like it was her's and she called and loved it and I was shocked! Now, what do I do with the rest of them?? My MIL wants another one, but the one I gave her in 2003 she has a hard time with. It's a cotton one and is summery looking and she told me she gets it out in the fall and winter and puts it away for the spring and summer. She folds it into a small square and puts it on top of her loveseat. I don't want to give her another quilt because she doesn't even show the quilt I gave her and I used all the colors she likes. And she acts like it's a hassle to get it out every year. And to put it away! I gave my 2 nieces each a quilt at Christmas and my MIL was very upset that I didn't give her one. Can you blame me? My niece's are putting their's on their beds. Their mom, my SIL was so happy and loved them.