Old 01-24-2013, 04:22 PM
MamaB

Default Need Advice from experienced frame quilters

I finally have my first quilt put on my new frame (that I got back in Nov). After many road blocks and a trip to get my machine fixed (one of the knobs popped off) I thought I was ready to get to it. Only problem is that the free motion presser foot mashes down on the fabric and pulls so that everything gets distorted. I have the Juki 2010 and it has a presser foot pressure knob that lets you lessen the pressure on the fabric but even at the lowest setting it doesn't seem much less. I have quilted three small quilts already (but none on the frame) and didn't have much trouble. I have gotten used to the fact that I will have a ton of road blocks on my way to using this thing but I have no solution for the present problem. So, I need some advice on how to make this work from some of you who might have encountered this problem or know how I can fix it. The only thing I was going to try next was to see if I could adjust the presser foot somehow (it has a screw in the top that I really want to turn but I don't have the right allen wrench!). I really want to get this started and feel like I do more "set-up" than actual quilting!