View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:18 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lanark View Post
Fabulous thread - full of useful information. I bought a treadle table that came with a "free" 319k and it's such a gorgeous machine that I want to get it working again. I've bought a bobbin case, bobbins, a treadle belt and the 206/13 needles - so I'm determined to get this back stitching beautifully after such an investment However, when I got it all in and threaded it up, the bobbin thread got all tangled up behind the bobbin case holder / sewing hook after the first few turns of the wheel. In my imagination - it was all going to be straight forward.

I'll no doubt be taking pictures and asking advice (I'll be honest and say that I have no interest in quilting, just clothes making and only joined this forum because there are so many 319k lovers and renovators on here )
Welcome to QB. Congrats on the find!!! Some times those 319s have been re-timed or managed in some way to make a regular needle sew on it. Read this whole thread - lots of good info - before you go too crazy though. Whip out a user's manual and make sure the correct needle is in the right way - then re-thread according to the manual using a good quality thread - don't try to run it at full tilt - just hand turn it to see what it is doing. Maybe even hand turn it with no fabric in there - see if it makes the loop then if it does, look below to see what kind of performance you get. Somewhere on here is even a free service manual to download.