View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Angelmerritt

I found a breakfast tray with stand (at a garage sale) that I wrapped in 2 layers batting and 2 layers of muslin (stapled on and then some decorative lace glued over top to finish the rough edges). It works great, larger surface area than a regular tv tray, and is VERY stable/sturdy. Easy to bring with me to retreats and classes. The muslin is starting to show some signs of discoloration, so I've been thinking about making a tailored slip cover for it that I can throw in the wash from time to time. I've thought about using the silver ironing board cover material, but the muslin has been working just fine so far. I also contemplate using a permanent marker to make some lines on it so that I can press my fabric straight, but haven't don that either.

I get lots of compliments from quilters any time I bring it out. I love having a low ironing platform new to my machine that I can just swivel to the side to press and sew without getting up. A must for lazy people like me!!!!!!

And for multi function, turn it over (like it's original use) and carry my odds and ends supplies to classes on the tray portion. I usually slip a trash bag over it during transport just so that I don't set it down on something sticky/dirty.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-4342.jpe   attachment-4343.jpe