Old 01-30-2013, 06:03 AM
Dragonomine
Banned

Originally Posted by AAD View Post
Last year we decided to cut back on everything not needed. we changed from our cell phone company to one from Wal-Mart and saved $60.00 a month. we cancelled cable (80.00 a month for basic. living in country was more) and paid $250.00 for a new antenna. we only get local channels but very good reception and still get some good channels. In 3 months the antenna paid for itself. cancelled AT&T and now have Verizon home phone lowered our phone bill $30. a month and now we have free long distance and some international are free. that is why we were able to save on our cell phone. internet well be changed as soon as our contract runs out. I make my own laundry detergent and it is wonderful. about .08 a load I am planning to start making my own bath soap. If you check on youtube you will find so many recipes for making home made cleaning supplies and save so much money. I make my own deodorant, make up remover, hand lotion, baby wipes for grandkids and to keep in the car for trips for us, sugar scrub for cleaning my face, fabric softner, fake fabreeze, glass cleaner, the list is almost endless. you can save so much doing all this yourself. check out youtube videos for home made cleaners and you will feel so proud of yourself for making your own and knowing what is in them.
Ah right! I forgot about the cell phone! I got rid of my $100+ contract plan and went with $35 unlimited text and data (200 talking min) a month at Virgin Mobile. Also I bundled my phone and internet with my cable company. It's saved me surprisingly about $40 a month. Laundry detergent I get from Sam's Club. $13 for over 200 loads but I'm thinking about making my own when I run out.