Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 AM
JoanneS

Originally Posted by mpspeedy2 View Post
I make about 21 Linus quilts a month. Two thirds of them are just child friendly prints with a flannel backing. When Joanns had a sale before Christmas of bolts of flannel I stocked up. I can get between nine and ten Linus quilts out of a bolt of flannel. The less I have to pay for the fabric the more quilts I can donate. I could probably make enough Linus quilts out of my present stash to last me at least a year. Of course that fabric is not what I have stashed for my personal use. Some of it is for garment or household sewing. I will admit the balk of it is suitable for quilts. My stash room also holds probably at least a dozen or so finished quilts, about three ten yard rolls of 48" batting for the Linus quilts and several quilt batts in various sizes. There are also 4 or 5 finished tops and other projects in progress floating around. My stash room is in the basement and out of site of the general public. My sewing room is upstairs and not nearly as cluttered. It was orginally a bedroom so the closet is stuffed to the gills with my thread collection as well etc. I also have several pieces of antique or at least "old" sewing related furniture that holds more of my thread. Then of course there are various containers that hold seperate projects like the bias binding collection and elastic for the Princess Pillowcase dresses I make. I also have storage bins and drawers for my GO accesories and the various stuff for my two embroidery machines. I could go on and on. Every thing in both those rooms is "definately" necessary.
Wowser! I think you win the prize! It sounds like we could shop your stash. And yes, it's all necessary.