Thread: what is this?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Gerbie

I have heard of curtain stretchers, but never saw any. Definitely know about jean and pants stretchers, wringer washers, blueing etc. but not curtain stretchers. I even know about my Dad's babysitting- one Sunday after Church when Mother was preparing lunch- about 3- r yrs old. I had very long thick hair in long ringlet curls, or braids through the week, but curls on Sunday. My dad was resting on the bed, and I found some scissors and sat on the dresser stool in front of the mirror, and cut one side of my hair off up to my ears, before Mother happened to come in and stop me from cutting the other side. She asked my Dad why he let me do that - his reply "I was just watching and going to see if she really would" lol. Mother was not happy at all. A young HS girl at Church played the piano, and I thought she was just "it" and wanted to do everything like her - she had long hair and had just had it cut very short, so naturally I thought I needed mine cut as well. Kids are strange and like Art Linkletter always said Kids "Say and do the dardnest things"