View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 02:39 PM
shawnan

Trashcans- or at least something to put little threads that are snipped. I have found that little paper sacks work well. They are inexpensive and easily recycled for the next time.

I've recently started a group. I live in a small-ish town and word-of-mouth has been the best advertising. Since then I've used email, using addresses I've gathered here and there. The first email encouraged each person to bring a friend, sister, mother, etc. I started with about 15 I emailed, and it has grown now to about 30. Not everyone comes each time but I would say we average about 10-12. The gals do a pot luck lunch, and I (and my BFF) fix supper and charge $5. Since we sew for a LONG time (9am to 10pm) I also tell them they can invite husbands for supper, as long as they RSVP.

So far it is working quite well. My husband is in charge of the Masonic building, so that's where we go. I hear such nice comments from the people, and I also get lots of emails from people who say they can't make it this month but please keep them on the list.

Hope this helps a little.
Nancy