View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 06:45 AM
sharoney

Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
Hi. Just wanted you to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I fell in April, 2012 and destroyed both my shoulder rotator cuffs and bicep tendons. Had extensive surgery on both 7 weeks apart and now have 4 screws in each shoulder and a footprint repair on each. They had to remove the bicep tendon and I am scheduled to complete therapy on February 27th. It has been one of the most painful and difficult things I have gone through so my heart goes out to you. I am still not quilting except small projects. Just remember to do what they tell you. The road is long but it is well worth it. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Wow, Twinkie, your post almost made me cry! I feel sorry for myself because I have two plastic anchors in one shoulder- I cannot imagine what it must be like to have both arms out of commission. This has been the most painful thing I have ever been through- and that includes childbirth! There are days when I leave therapy that I just sit in my truck and cry- and not being able to sleep the entire night without waking up at least once because of pain- I can assure you that it has made me very aware of every move I make- I don't ever want to go through anything like this again. But as bad as it is for me, it's worse for you. Thank you so much for posting.