View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 11:45 AM
sharoney

Originally Posted by Z Any Mouse View Post
Oh my! First off, your quilt tops are beautiful and I am in love with #1 with the HSTs. I have torn both rotator cuffs, no spectacular injury like yours, just daily wear and tear from carrying a heavy leather purse for years (I only use quilted bags now) and probably taking exercise bras on and off daily for many years). I just had surgery on my right shoulder (I'm right handed) 1 1/2 weeks ago. I am already going stir crazy and chomping at the bit for when I can sew again. Everyone's comments have been very helpful to know that it will eventually end. I finally got to sleep in my bed two nights ago, although with the robo-sling it feels like trying to sleep on a camel with two humps.

Good luck with your recovery, and when I'm allowed to piece maybe I will make an HST quilt top like yours. We can start a group called Rotator Cuff Recovery Quilts, lol. Another thing, it sure would be nice if the surgeons used colored thread for those stitches. The black looks positively ghastly!
Yes, sleeping with sling is... Shall we say, an experience? I slept sitting up on the couch for few weeks, then in the single guest bed, pushed up against wall, with a huge foam wedge pillow, and finally, in my own bed, but with a little fortress made of pillows all around. I'm now down to one pillow for my head, and two to support my arm. Oh! For a regular night's sleep!

And thank you for your kind words.