Old 02-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Luv Quilts and Cats

Originally Posted by ontheriver View Post
Some good ideas. Keep them coming please. Never heard of washing your hair with conditioner, doesn't it get greasy? I shop more and more at the Dollar Tree. I have been developing a list of things I purchase on a regular basis like toilet paper, dish soap, trashbags, can goods, dry foods, etc., how much I use in a month, and what it costs at each store. I am getting to know what to buy where unless I find a great sale. Example, my 12 yo likes koolaid. I found I can get a package with 12 envelopes at dollar general for 1.00, while at WinDixie it is like .30 for each envelope. Lois-nounoe, I have the world's blackest thumb, I can't get anything to grow and I have tried many times. Wish I could grow my own foods, especially tomatoes, I just love tomatoes. I live in the country, have plenty of area to work with, just can't. Have 2 freezers I could use and lots of pantry space.
Try contacting your local cooperative extension, local garden club, library, garden centers. They can give you lots of information and advice on growing your own veggies, even if you have a black thumb. They'll start you with the easiest growing ones first until you get more skill and experience and confidence. You can do it! Give it a try again!