View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Gma Deb

Sandygirl on the 24th gave you the best advice - here are a few more things from a "seasoned" Paducah visitor - visit the downtown shops first and miss the morning rush at the convention hall. Take pictures!! Inspiration for future quilts! My biggest lesson learned - budget your money by the day or you will spend it all the first day! I learned to set an 'allowance' for myself per day, that way I can be just as happy on day 3 or 4 as I am on day 1. The downtown stores that aren't quilt stores ALL display quilts - there is sooo much history in this city and the merchants and townspeople are the nicest people you will meet. Walk into any store in town and you will be treated like royalty. Be sure you wander down and take pictures of the Flood Wall behind the Convention Center - the history that is in the artwork on that wall is unbelievable! Carry water, snacks, camera, and wear comfortable shoes. Be prepared to be amazed. Oh, if you don't have reservations yet good luck - you won't probably be staying in Pudacah. My group stays on a house boat 30 miles out on Green Turtle Bay. Fun! (We're from Mn and Ia)