View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 02:49 PM
TanyaL

I always enjoyed the Vermillion Cliffs and the northern side of the Grand Canyon more than the Southern side. Monument Valley, Canyon de Chelly, and hiking around the Anasazi ruins in Mesa Verdi. Dinosaur National Park in Colorardo, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Royal Gorge, Taos, New Mexico. I would make an exception of cities and see the natural history museum in Denver. I love red rock country and have visited all the parks in Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. Check out all the videos that you can and see what you are partial to. Tall mountains and forests and dry deserts and everything in between are available but 2 months is much too short a time to see very much, so you really need to do a lot of study before hand and pick out a route. Fortunately you won't have to stay on the interstates and can get off on state roads. Second Mesa on the Hopi reservation has a wonderful place to stay and will be a nice change of pace for you. Sedona can't be missed with its art colony and famous artists. One of the old extinct volcanos north of Flagstaff is interesting to hike on. Be sure and see Death Valley, especially the north end of it, the craters, Scotty's castle, etc. Have fun; take money.