View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 04:41 AM
J Miller

Originally Posted by DanofNJ View Post
Triflow is the way to go with the modern plastic machines. Access to the rear requires taking off the hand wheel. Very gently wiggle about 1/8 or less while pulling outwards. VERY GENTLE... The screw that locks the hand wheel protrudes into the plastic of the hand wheel, so too much of a twist will crack the handwheel or deform it. It is a nightmare. Once the handwheel is off, simply remove the screws. Some are under the machine, others are on the rear plastic. DO NOT for force anything. Then carefully remove the rear...it interlocks with the rear panel but will almost fall off once the screw behind the handwheel is removed. PM me if you need more help.
Dan,
Got your PM and responded.

That is how I figured it would come apart. I didn't try it because I wasn't sure about that plastic ... yuck ... hand wheel. I cleaned it as good as I could with a brush and vacuum then oiled it last night. Much quieter now. And it turns easier. I didn't hear the whistle when I test ran it either. But then again I was sitting off to the side when my wife was sewing with it earlier.

As good as that machine is, gads I hate the plastic bits.

Joe