Old 03-05-2013, 06:10 AM
qwkslver

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I use to not have a stash. I would buy enough fabric for one quilt and just make it. When I was done, I would buy fabric for another quilt and make it. And so forth. Then I started collecting fabric. Now my spare bedroom lost the bed and nightstand and dresser and I put in bookcases and storage units and rubbermaid tubs and two long tables and a long dresser with a rectangular ironing board on top and 4 irons and the closet is plum full of batting and under the tables is full of fabric and everywhere I look is full of fabric. I have fabric from floor to ceiling.

I am not getting any quilting done. I am overwhelmed. I can't decide what to do. Too many choices. I have quite a few BOMs every month and am behind in every one. I have one from last year that I never even started and have all 12 blocks still in their bags.

What can I do? I go into my sewing room and plan on doing a certain quilt, but get sidelined by all my fabric lines and patterns and end up petting and rearranging my fabric and then shutting the light off and closing the door. I so wish I would have just bought enough fabric for one quilt at a time. I gave away so many kits (probably 30) to help me reduce my load, but I end up finding more fabric I just have to have and my room is plum full again.

Help me figure out how I can start sewing again!!
I don't know if this helps or not but when I can't decide what to work on I go digging in the scrap bag and start making 9 patches. I can always find a use for a 9 patch (table runner, etc.) and it gives my mind time to figure out what I want to do next. (My dad called it "studying". He would say I'm studying about something). I accomplish something while I am making my next project (in my mind). You will be all right, once you figure out how to go about what you are trying to do. Perhaps you could ebay some of your stash you have fallen out of love with.