View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 07:50 AM
thequilteddove

I have a lovely quilt room BUT if I were to move, I'd make sure I had these things:

1. Lots of windows for natural light (I currently have no windows. I spend probably 16-20hrs a week in that room because I have a longarm quilting business. I have my every day sewing spewed all over the kitchen - hubby loves that, not! lol). I don't care what anyone says those SAD lights & those light bulbs that duplicate natural light, don't cut the mustard!
2. The more space, the better! (mine is currently about 14' x 16' and altho it IS a lovely space, I never seem to have enough room *giggles*).
3. More built in storage! I have two fantasticly designed closets and some nice cupboard space; BUT you guessed it, I want more!
4. More outlets!
5. Tile floor. (I have carpet and it's a pain in the arse to lug the vacuum up & down the stairs... Oh and the stairs hardly ever get vacuumed lol Guess I could get a 2nd vacuum cleaner.)

With all that said the priority is WINDOWS!!! My space really would be perfect if only I had windows.