Old 03-05-2013, 09:00 AM
pyffer3

Maybe you could make quilt kits and sell those. I am always looking at quilt kits online. I haven't bought one yet because there are so many out there and I can't decide what I want to try first. I have problems deciding what combination of fabrics go together. The baby quilt I recently finished I bought a set of FQ's that were already paired up. Other than than I have worked on blacks/whites. If you decide to make kits or group things together for sell, let me know I for one would be interested in helping you de-stash!
Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I use to not have a stash. I would buy enough fabric for one quilt and just make it. When I was done, I would buy fabric for another quilt and make it. And so forth. Then I started collecting fabric. Now my spare bedroom lost the bed and nightstand and dresser and I put in bookcases and storage units and rubbermaid tubs and two long tables and a long dresser with a rectangular ironing board on top and 4 irons and the closet is plum full of batting and under the tables is full of fabric and everywhere I look is full of fabric. I have fabric from floor to ceiling.

I am not getting any quilting done. I am overwhelmed. I can't decide what to do. Too many choices. I have quite a few BOMs every month and am behind in every one. I have one from last year that I never even started and have all 12 blocks still in their bags.

What can I do? I go into my sewing room and plan on doing a certain quilt, but get sidelined by all my fabric lines and patterns and end up petting and rearranging my fabric and then shutting the light off and closing the door. I so wish I would have just bought enough fabric for one quilt at a time. I gave away so many kits (probably 30) to help me reduce my load, but I end up finding more fabric I just have to have and my room is plum full again.

Help me figure out how I can start sewing again!!