View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Beachbound

Originally Posted by quiltapillow View Post
Yep; I pre wash it all. Went to a quilt shop once and found all sorts of littleones running around with snotty noses and wipping on the fabric. So-----I wash it all. I had pre ordered my fabric and it was already cut and bagged for me when I got there, thank goodness; but you never know. I usually try to stay away from any quilt shop with children running around like that plus the candy and cookies they had. Grand opening is fine but not all the time. I even wash my hands before looking at fabric or touching any of it. People in my guild don't wash their fabric; they say they want it crisp. I would hate to make a quilt and give as a gift and then wash it and the fabric run. Embarrrrsssssssiiinnnnngggggg!
Now that is one I didn't think about & the funny thing is that I stopped eating at the ice cream stations at buffets because of the kiddies with dirty fingers grabbing the goodies as they passed by. I smiled at them cause it was funny..mom never even looked at the kids but I decided to pass