View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 09:41 AM
hray

Default Need help with Curve Master foot

I never wanted to do all that pinning, but I really wanted to try a Drunkard's path pattern--after I read about it and researched it, I got a Curve Master foot.

So far it seems to be a big waste, but I'm not sure if it's me or the foot. The instructions say the needle, in its centered position, should be to the right of the center of the hole. Mine is to the left, so I manually shifted the needle over. Maybe mine is defective? It's pretty cheaply made, so I was wondering about that.

Someone suggested lowering the presser foot pressure, but that didn't help.

I've tried several different fabrics, two different sizes of templates, tried Best Press to stiffen the fabric, and I'm still having these problems:

At the start, even if I do a couple stitches before lifting the top fabric, the fabrics want to get stuffed down into the slit in the stitch plate. If I do get going, then I have to yank around on the top fabric and that stretches it. It just won't "gently guide" no matter what I try. I know you're supposed to just lift it gently, straight up, at the front edge of the presser foot... But that isn't working.

The demos on the web make it look pretty easy, but so far I'm ready to just send it back. Any suggestions?

Hallie in NM