Old 03-14-2013, 10:24 AM
kyrose

For some of my organization efforts, I like to re-purpose some items that would usually go to a landfill. Small jars with screw on lids are great for small items. If you will save moisture packets to add to the jars, anything you put in the won't rust. I use larger jars for things like buttons. This allows me to sort to size and you can see what is in the jars. For containers to hold things like small rulers, scissors, machine cleaning brush, etc., I use cans. Save cans that you think would hold your items so you can see them. Cover the cans with fabric scraps, old cards, etc. I like to use wallpaper scraps. It's heavy and lasts. Short cans like the ones that tuna or chicken comes in are great for sorting little items. They can also be used to make cute pin cushions. Small margarine containers work for this too. For my machine feet, I use an organizer I found in the hardware department of Walmart. It's filled with little removable boxes. My sewing box is actually a tool box also from Walmart. For my machine embroidery thread, I found a thead box at Joann's that was on sale and I had a coupon that brought the price down more. There was a thread on this site last year that showed how to made a thread organizer use peg board and dowels. Maybe someone can remember it and provide the link.

Last edited by kyrose; 03-14-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: spelling