Thread: Class quilt top
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2009, 10:51 AM
LucyInTheSky

The kids were mostly sophomores with a few freshman (and 1 junior), so in the 16 range. I had 2 classes and everyone did a block. I gave them the option of writing a 10 page paper :twisted: if they didn't want to make a block and for some reason they all did.

Overall, I think they liked the lesson. It was at the end of the semester, so I think they also appreciated time where they got to sew and talk and didn't have to focus on learning something new/review for finals.

I had one girl who was taking my class and Pre-Calc/Trig (next level up) at the same time, and was getting 100% or so in both classes. And she had trouble sewing and laying out the block. I was happy to help her of course, and what was so cool was that I was able to teach her something that she didn't know.

And then one of my boy students sent me a facebook message a few months back saying "I had a hole in my jeans and I sewed it up!" and it was so awesome, since I know that they all learned something in my class, even if it was quilting related, they all learned something (since sometimes you wonder) :D