View Single Post
Old 03-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Jusmom01

I have used SO many thrift things in my sewing room. I just LOVE to take something that in no way looks like it should belong in a sewing room and make it "fit" in my room. I have: A tin box lid inside a fabric frame that I made, using the inside of the lid for a white board; a batter bowl holding 1930s hexies; a candy jar holding buttons, a cookie tin holding other hexies; the bottom of the tin box holding envelopes; a milk jug holding pens and my paper scissors; an old brass trunk holding cut up jeans; an old picture made into a pin board; a Brighton tin holding pins (held to the pin board frame with a magnet); a stackable gift box set painted to match the room and holding sewing accessories; a glass jar holding colored pencils; a lumbar pillow stuffed with unused old knee high stockings; a six sectioned carrier with a drug name on it painted to match the room and holding sewing tools; two shotglasses wth the magnet from inside a computer hard drive epoxied on used to hold pins; a "wet wipes" container to hold water to remove marking pen quilt lines; an old galvanized bucket to hold my scraps at my cutting table; plastic peanut butter jars to hold basting pins, hair ties and pony tail holders; a toilet paper dispenser to hold binding; cookie tins to hold older spools of thread and zippers; a small cutting board to use for gluing; a utensil tray to hold small rolls of ribbon; a day of the week pill holder for small findings and grommets; clear plastic containers (the lids all spray painted to match the room) to hold scrap pieces that have been cut to specific sizes; a rolling kitchen cart to hold more sewing stuff. I know there are more "redone" items, but I'm not thinking of them!