Old 03-20-2013, 05:19 AM
LyndaOH

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Oh, I like your arrangement much better than the original -- and your colour scheme. I have all of the components together and am now squaring them up. Then the "fun" of putting it together. I went with Bonnie's colour scheme and so far hate it. But it's been a good learning experience.
Thanks so much!

That's how I look at it too. It was my first Bonnie mystery so I wanted to stick with her choices and I did for the most part. I just couldn't do the lime green. I did feel like I learned a lot from it; I conquered the Easy Angle and Companion rulers and learned I could make accurate flying geese without having to cut them down after.

I design most of my own patterns, and this quilt showed me how important it is to take pressing issues into account when you're planning a design, especially if a beginner might use the pattern. My quilter had quite a time with this quilt because of the seam intersections, mostly where the geese met. Normally if I had multiple geese I would paper piece them, but because this was a mystery quilt we didn't know in advance what went with what.

Good luck to everyone trying to finish their versions - you can do it!

And thanks so much for all the kind words.