Thread: Trembling Hands
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 07:51 AM
beckalou

Nana, I have had the tremors for at least 25 years. At first I only noticed it when I wrote, and believe me it caused a problem with my job. I worked in the accounting department for a large corporation, so there was a lot of writing involved. I no longer work, was let go 15 years ago because of "corporate cutbacks", and have not been able to find another job since. I'm pretty sure that as soon as a prospective employer sees the handwriting on employment applications, my app is thrown in the garbage.
After the diagnosis of Essential Tremors, I started thinking back and discovered that I have probably had the disease even when I was in grade school. I always suffered with anxiety when called upon in class, and had a big problem writing on the chalkboard. When I try to write with my arm and hand outstretched, the tremors are much much worse and I get what is called fractal writing. And my penmanship teacher in 4th grade was always on my case about this, which didn't help with the anxiety. But enough, I will succeed at getting this under control or finding another way.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. Keep them coming, I am still listening and appreciate the suggestions immensely. I'm sure everyone else on this board who has tremors or knows someone who has tremors is watching this thread and possibly learning different helps as well.

Last edited by beckalou; 03-20-2013 at 08:05 AM.