Old 03-22-2013, 06:33 PM
grmamrtha1

Hi Emilia's Nana, I LOVE your turtle quilt. Please bear with me while I TRY to explain what I'm picturing for a quilting suggestion. If you could quilt wavy lines in the tan triangle where the turtles are, then it could look like turtles in the sand. Then if you could just follow the curves in the cat tails(that's what I call them for lack of a better term), then I think that would be enough quilting. Perhaps wavy lines in the border, also. Being that it's a wallhanging, I'm thinking that it doesn't need to be quilted heavily, as it won't need to be washed as often, therefore heavy quilting wouldn't be necessary. (???) I'm not too experienced myself, but if you look at the post by Crafty 1 with regard to her Shadowbox Top Quilted and Done, she has quilted wavy lines in her lighter color, so that's where I thought you could do your tan triangles with the turtles in them. Again, please forgive me if you don't understand what I'm trying to describe, but also know that no matter how you quilt it, I LOVE your quilt/wallhanging.