View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 02:30 AM
Mdaniels

Originally Posted by IrishNY View Post
I know I am from another generation but I would be darned if my retired husband required maintenance while I was working full time. It should be the other way around. My solution would be to give him a list and tell him that he has the time to take on more at the house. You deserve some down time and he should be happy to make sure you get it.
I live by the creed that no one takes advantage of us unless we let them.
Ha ha. Love it. My husband is retired too. I have to say he's been pretty good about doing chores, even when I don't ask him to. I prefer he never, ever cooks in my little kitchen...that's a disaster waiting to happen. Lol.

Still...I am tired when I get home. I choose to cook. I do some pick up and some other things--but I am, indeed tired. I try to do the 15 minutes a night thing--no matter what, I fiddle for 15 minutes at quilting, just to keep my head in it. Then I pick a couple of nights a week to quilt for an hour and I do a lot more on the weekends. I also enjoy running and have a very active border collie to keep exercised--so--yes, its tiring. You just have to keep at it and rest when you can, too.