View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 03:57 AM
sweetana3

I got to a great one each year.
1. Quilt bingo. We use one card each and buttons to mark them. We all sit around a huge cutting table and pile the wrapped prized in the middle. We do the steal 3X and then the prize is kept. Everything qualifies as a prize including some pretty strange thrift store items and books like the Great American Sex Diet. We have a wonderful time. Creative packaging can make a roll of toilet paper look terrific.

2. Secret Crafter. Bring 5 wrapped presents (whatever you can buy or make for $5 each) . One per day is put in a pile and numbered. You are assigned a number at the beginning of the retreat and at each eveing meal a present is handed out and opened one at a time. Always a secret giver. We tried assigning one person to another and it was not working. Again it is so much fun. I already have my presents ready and wrapped for next year.

3. A few door prizes.

4. Discount coupons for local stores.

5. A simple crafty project that everyone can do or not do as they wish. This year our store owner helped us each make a simple penny candle mat. I brought kits for everyone to make a thread catcher. Total cost for me $2 plus scrap fabric and batting.

6. Next year I have planned on brunch present for the table. One is a Fons and Porter pin container for each plate that I got for $1.25 each at the discount store. Another one will be a Valentine cookie cutter that was 90% off at The Christmas Tree Shop after Valentine Day. I need two more and I think I have them but cannot remember what they are. There is no requirement to do this but it is just something I thought up.