Thread: Trembling Hands
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 11:00 AM
beckalou

Jusmom, Essential Tremors can be progressive, I have done a lot of research by just typing "Essential Tremors" in the Google search bar. TMW is right, ET is actually a disorder instead of a disease and it will not kill you. But it can be a challenge dealing with it. If your neurologist told you it is nothing to worry about, he is right, but it seems he doesn't have much compassion. You might want to find a neurologist that specializes in movement disorders. Check out Essential Tremor Foundation & subscribe to their newsletter, they also have a Facebook page that is helpful. There is no medication that has been created especially for ET, so doctors are trying Beta-Blockers, anti-seizure, and ADHD meds, botox, accupuncture, ultrasound with radiation without a lot of luck for most people. And what works for one patient will not necessarily work for the next. Deep brain stimulation seems to be helping the most, but that's not an option for me with no insurance. ET was just recently given a medical coding for the insurance industry, so hopefully now more research will be done. And according to everything I've read Jusmom, all these symptoms could be and probably are related to ET.

Last edited by beckalou; 03-28-2013 at 11:08 AM.