Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Sierra

Magnetic screw bowls for pins; curved and straight small needle nose pliers; scissor sharpener; step stool; step ladder, insolation boards (2, each 4'x8') for quilting wall; long screwdrivers (both styles); dinner plates of various sizes (for circles); gardening gloves with rubbery nubs to help hold fabric when stitching; towel covered pillow on the far end of my quilting table to keep the dog out of the way; heavy cardboard tubes for rolling quilts on while quilting; graft paper for designing (especially appliques); Dover Press coloring books for florals, animals, central designs, Indian art; Just bought an overpriced drawer set from Joann's (using a 40% off coupon) to hold all my tools; sort-of-clear plastic drawer sets for small fabric pieces (I sort by color, don't cut); matching cardboard boxes labeled and put on a high shelf to hold not so often used themed or unusual fabrics (includes baby prints now that g-kids are getting older); see through small plastic stackable boxes for color pens, crayons, commercial bindings, clips (wonderful clips from Harbor Freight that hold my sandwich in place before sewing);..... in other words, if something doesn't work well, DH and I (or a friend) come up with something that makes things easier. As I age my arthritis gets worse, but I could not sew at all w/out my curved nose small pliars and gardening gloves. I use them constantly!