View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 03:30 PM
sewrealquilting

Thank you for all the input - I have to tell you having moved away from large metropolitan area to a very small town has been exciting and challenging all at the same time. I didn't realize how nice it was to have a Walmart, Joanne's Fabric Store, Michaels and several specialty quilt shops all within 15 minutes of home. Now with a trip to any of the above being at least 3 hours away, I find that I have at times rushed ahead with whatever I could find at the little general store here in our town. Many times it has worked - sometimes, like this time, I'm not so thrilled and wish I would have been a bit more patient and either put it aside until my next big trip to town, or ordered on-line. That being said, I think I will make up a practice piece and try sewing on my machine. And if that doesn't work out - well it will be very quickly quilted (and probably pretty lightly quilted too) and hung for decorative purposes only. And hand washed very carefully and infrequently probably! Hopefully I will have learned to ask FIRST before I rush ahead and make do.