Old 04-03-2013, 07:15 AM
Sierra

[QUOTE=Gannyrosie;5965281]I don't know what it's called, but my daughter who took Japanese and Chinese, used this very thin paper with small grid lines inside of large grid lines, and the sheets are about 12x18, she used them to practice her writing, but now i use them to graph my quilts and copy patterns, they are like onion skin.

That paper is called vellum and it isn't really "paper". I use it all the time for designing quilts. It erases repeatedly very well (use a white art eraser). It costs more than paper, but you can keep changing what you are doing so you end up reusing the same page over and over, unless you don't need to keep adjusting your pattern to achieve perfection :>) . I find I have to go to a business supply store too get it. I think, due to computer enhanced drawings it is not so easily found as it was. You can design a pattern for an entire quilt top on this 18x12" piece, and when it is as perfect as you can make it, take it to Staples (or some such place) and for very little they will blow it up to the size you really want it to be on your quilt top. They also can do it from a photo on your iphone. That way you have your unique pattern complete!

Hmm, that's one more thing I forgot to add to this thread!

Last edited by Sierra; 04-03-2013 at 07:17 AM.