View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 03:13 PM
lynnie
Power Poster

I grew up inaburbof nyc, right n the border of queens and nassau counties. I have a brother 1-1/2 yrs older than me. I was a tom boy. My stories will be different from every other. I remember lighting fires with magnifying glasses. Jumping off the garage roof at about4 to get a broken arm, never happened, coz all the vroken bone kids got a new bike. Ripping shingle tiles off the garage roof and flinging them like frisbees at cars.. i stopped when i hit a cop car. Vraduated to my moms 45's. Wow, dix thos recordfly and smazh good.
digging a hole to china a out 3 feet deep and trying to get my cousin to fall in on easter zunday in his white suit, we covered it with sticks and leaves.
Making mudballs with rocks in them to throw during mudball fihts. (I was the youngest. Hanging out wirh bilky the kid across theztreet crom me. We made a zip line out of a rope we found in the garave and used pot holder and towels to slide down, till they all ripped.
me and billy taking all his looseleaf paper for first vrade and making paper airplanes and throwing them in everyones yard. Eating a bottle of chox,with him. Sneaking in his house when his parents were outshopping and playing with his fathers trains and setting fires on the tracks with the wire from the locomotive. Playing mary poppins off theroof with my bedsheets. Dont try this with an umbrella either, it doesnt work.
When i was about six or so, playing chicken on the railroad. Filing down pennies to try to get dimes out of the coin machines. At billyshouse, taking all the thorns off his moms rosebushes a few days becore judging. Getting in trouble for that and haveing to rake leaves...not us, we used the old electrolux to vacuume them up. At five or six, draggi.gour bikes to thetop of the slid to ride down. At three to cour, i would wonder the neighborhood,first anut betty for tea and sewing, then to kirbys houseto garden, then the millers then the knights, then turn the crner for more cookies and tea. Id end up arounf the corner and go to julias house and help her make dinner for stanly and stosh, have tea and cookies again and watch her sew, also, and watch soap operas.
I swear this is all true. At one point my mom put a sign around my neck that said do not feed me.
Oh, at a later age, found out i have adhd, hence the jumping and daredevilish actions. That was up to six when i moved down the block...thats another story.