Old 04-05-2013, 02:08 PM
clsurz

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Mailed both of mine today and they are coming your way via USPS. #1 - had to get yours in the mail and you will get 2 packages as I ordered on line, ship direct to you and they already mailed it! You like dk. chocolate, burgundy, blues and your zip adds to 11

Zentangle booklets today! This made me very happy. Will upload pictures later. JUST WHAT I NEEDED!

Unfortunately as a kid we were not allowed to doodle, draw and such. You'd have to understand being raised during the great depression or right after the great depression. It was considered a waste of good paper, pencils and crayons to do such. Also being from a poor state where everyone was getting government subsidized surplus food and no money coming in what little materials we had we used for things better than doodling.

I have quite an imagination and am very creative but never learned the basics to move forward in any art form so what I do create is in my mind. Fortunately though being in the 21st century and all the technology I'm able to put down what I see in my mind.

My 10 year old granddaughter is extremely creative and has been helping me learn to doodle and thangles and some zen work. She is very sweet and patient with me. I tell her what I see in my mind and she draws it and teaches me step by step what she did to create what I see.

Fortunately for me I can take programs like EQ7, Electric Quilt, and using the tools in that program create very intricate quilt designs but having problems putting it down on paper with pencils. I am getting better at it though using paper. I designed this quilt recently for a lady using EQ7 which has alot of movement in it. Without that program I would not have been able to design it and create the 3D movement of the design. I think it is important for me to learn the basics of art and incorporate it in programs like this.

I'm very interested in zentangles on fiber for quilting and these books will teach me the basics and have me use my brain more than depending on some software program.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Love, love, love it.
Attached Thumbnails 3dmirrorspinwheel.jpg