View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 08:54 PM
Elisabrat

I fix a cake or cookies about once a month. the rest of the time my dh either has ice cream or a bowl of sweet cereal like lucky charms. for me I love fruit. Absolutely love it. Sometimes its an apple which I could eat three a day if only I was allowed it or like last night and tonight a bowl of fresh pineapple, raspberries and blueberries mixed up. thats it no whip cream or icecream or chocolate. I think its like a bowl of greatness. I sometimes make oranges, pineapple and grapefruit another favorite dessert of mine. Company depends most of our friends do not prefer dessert either so rarely do I offer a sweet for later. I do always have a candy bowl with hard candies and chocolates for guests. I also will make up say a batch of candied pecans or walnuts and put that out. they get snacked on.

growing up dessert was just like described above. a reward if you finished your dinner. I rarely finished my dinner and sat in the kitchen at the table in the dark crying as I was to sit there til I was finished. Mom made sure to make noise about the good dessert she was serving to the family in the other room. who wants cake? who wants ice cream with chocolate sauce... it always tore me up. I ate dessert in my early 20's because well I could even if I didnt eat everything lol but later realized it really wasnt all that