Old 04-11-2013, 05:08 AM
CarolynMT

Default Virtual Quilt Retreat - April Edition 4-19-13

Hello ladies, here we go again.

I am posting this EARLY so you have time to get the supplies. The retreat will be a week from tomorrow.

We are doing a quilted Tote Bag, complete with tab closure, purse feet, and a zippered pocket in the lining!

So don't panic, there will be plenty of instructions. This is a great bag to take to quilt shows you can store all your purchases in it, plus put your wallet/phone/etc in the hidden zipper pocket. Great skills we are learning with this and it is not difficult at all.

Here is a photo of the project:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407334[/ATTACH]

Here is the supply list:
1 yd: Main fabric (orange in picture)
1 yd: Coordinating Fabric (blue in picture)
1 yd: Muslin or scrap material for backing on quilted pieces
1 yd: Batting, you can use scrap batting pieced together (cotton batting will be stiffer, which is useful here)

1- 7in coordinating zipper
1 - magnetic snap purse closures
1 - purse feet pack

Coordinating Threads (I used rayon embroidery thread that matched the fabrics)
Decorative stitch on your machine (get a sample piece of fabric, batting and backing and test out some stitches. The grid work will be 2 inches apart, so look for a stitch that will look nice )

This is a very easy tote to make and comes out looking so cute.

Again, PM me an email address if you want the pdf version of the instructions. I will NOT be sending them out until next week (wed/thurs) cause I still have to write them and there is a quilt show this weekend! Priorities!

Come join us and make a fun bag for spring!
Attached Thumbnails img_04491_zps6687a8b7.jpg