Old 04-11-2013, 02:47 PM
IzzysGrammie

Originally Posted by SewOK View Post
Izzysgrammie, did you use a specific pattern or make up your own? Serious quilter want to know as those are the colors used in my master bedroom. Your bed is truly gorgeous!!!
I bought the fabric then had to think about it for a while. I make up my own patterns and use favorite quilting designs that compliment each other. I drew this one out on graph paper first, then added measurements to the paper so I could make the correct size blocks for the Irish Chain section. I was originally going to have a huge appliqued flower on the strip but didn't like how it looked so changed it to a decorative stitch and added some of the paisleys and leaves from the printed fabric to look like blossoms. I had a little trouble with metallic thread but everyone here helped me figure out what I needed to do to make it work. It was a lot of work but it was also a lot of fun. I always feel good when I can be creative, and now I love walking into my bedroom every day to see this. My next project will be a summer spread and I am anxious to get going on it now! Thanks again.. becky