Old 04-16-2013, 08:20 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

Remember one thing. THERE ARE NO QUILT POLICE, just people who think they know better than you how to "quilt" your creations. I've been quilting for 25+ years, I made one hand quilted quilt, but because of severe carpal tunnel syndrome from too many years to count of being a secretary, I had to quit, unless I quilted 5 minutes at a time. That was not acceptable to me, so I took a class in machine quilting and learned that almost everyone in the class did it differently. I mainly do SID as I haven't gotten the courage to step outside the box and do meandering or any other similar type quilting. One quilt I made for a church raffle brought in over $2,000, and I quilted it using SID. I've been told that I make beautiful quilts. I also make quilts that will be used, especially my baby quilts and lap quilts. I consider the family reunion quilts I make to hopefully be considered heirlooms, but I want my quilts to be used. You are absolutely a quilter and don't let anyone tell you that you aren't.