View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 08:04 PM
petthefabric

For the comment about the machine: I've heard many people get into how great their machine is, be it Bernina or another brand. I've been guilty of being proud of my Bernina. I'm learning and getting humbled. I don't plan to hide in a cave until I'm perfect. Speaking for myself, I appreciate people who lovingly confront me when I've been rude. Once I understand I can correct my behaviour. We're all a work in progress. Let's be kind to each other. And when someone is rude, be as loving as possible to do the tough thing to maintain a relationship.

For the comment about critical reactions to the use of "cheating"; "cheating" is a very volatile word. Some people are immediately attacked by the word and respond in kind. You may have ment it one way, but because of other peoples personal history, they are offended. I think the most volatile thread was "killing Sun Bonnet Sue". She was very brave to even open the subject & handled herself beautifully. No matter how you feel about a subject, there will be someone who doesn't agree.

IMHO: I feel successful if I enjoy what I'm doing. Sometimes, it's a lousy quilt, but I learned a lot in the process. I think if I have to have a great quilt everytime, I'll be afraid to try something new. Being an artist, I'm always up for a challenge. That's me. My DH is an estimator; sits at plans and counts inches over and over. Would absolutely drive me nuts. We are both valuable, just different. So for some people it's about the beautiful quilt, for others it's meeting the challenge that makes us satisfied. Let's agree to disagree and find value in the differences and similarities.