Old 04-18-2013, 02:03 PM
QultingaddictUK

Originally Posted by girliegirl View Post
I have posted pictures of my quilts, everyone says they are beautiful and I do nice work... I send them out to be machine quilted.. I am finding that you gals/guys use your regular sewing machines to quilt? I have not tried it yet, I am afraid of screwing up! what and how should I go about this? a small one? should I drop the feeddogs and just go at it? or walking foot it and then what? I must look like an idiot.............. maybe hands one class? I can hand quilt in a big frame, but I will never get it done..........
Your getting your knickers in a twist, it is a whole load of fabric beautifully chosen and put together, now it is time for you to put your own personality on your very own completed quilt.

Have a go at what I started at, wavy straight lines! Nobody's will look the same as mine as we all get our own rhythm of it but it is so effective. Once you have mastered that you can start putting little flowers, hearts or clover incorporated. Check out Leah Day's site, she is what gave me the determination to do it and now I am one of the very few here in North Wales that do FMQ, so much so that I am giving workshops on it, but believe me I am not perfect or advanced I just like my quilts to look like proper quilts. Umm looking at the pics they look a bit scruffy but in fact they are fine, it's just Muffin had taken a particular fancy to this quilt!
Attached Thumbnails wavy-straight-line-1.jpg   wavy-straight-line-2.jpg